Today was the first time that I've taken Eve out to see a movie in the theater (other than bringing her along to a few films when she was a baby).
The movie was Up, and she seemed to have a good time. I knew she'd ask me a ton of questions, but it worked out okay. We went to a morning showing, so there were much worse distractions in the theater. Eve did ask me questions, but we managed to keep our voices quiet.
Eve's favorite part of Up was also the scariest part for her... the talking dogs. She also liked Kevin the female bird.
I try to spend some time with each daughter each week, and I also spent time with Eve playing some games that Grandma Nicklyn brought over, Disney Princess Dominos and Sequence for Kids. That was probably the first time I had fun with the games itself rather than trying to see if I could get us to finish the games before they gave up on them. So both those games were short enough so that they kept the girls' attention.
For Naomi, in addition also playing board games with her and Eve later in the evening, I also got to sing with Naomi, dance with her, tickle her (tickling is a big production at our house), played horsie (I'm the horse), had her ride on my knees, read to her, and had her climb up me a few times.
Of course, Joanna got her fair share of my attention this week as well.
We're continuing to read through Genesis with the girls for our family Bible study, and I'm drawing and coloring Day 6 for them right now, as we slowly make our own family Bible of illustrations.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Ed
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!