Ed and I have been busy organizing the office. This has involved sorting through mountains of paper and filing, throwing out, or dealing with each scrap.
I have come across several scraps that include list of various wants/needs for all of us so I am posting a combined list here ("dealing with" these bits of paper) and then I will toss them out!
Phoebe: Newborn diapers - she is smaller than we expected! We have plenty of size 1 diapers, but could do with a package or two of newborn size (under 8 pounds). Large Bibs - Joanna has destroyed most of what we had so we'll need a few more in a few months.
Joanna: Nothing on the lists
Naomi: Tops with characters on them - she prefers a picture of something like Hello Kitty or a princess or fairies. Craft Activities/Supplies - sticker books, paint with water books, see-through paper for tracing, construction paper, glitter pens, O-glue, jewelry kits.
Eve: Croc charms - these are little decorative pegs that stick into Croc shoes. Checkers - board game. Craft Activities/Supplies - paint by number, washable paint, beading kits, any color-it-yourself kits, O-glue, construction paper, glitter pens.
All the girls: Educational Software - Ed just got the girls' dinosaur desktop sound working so they have been enjoying our very few 'games.' We would love some educational software, like Edmark, for our home computer. Leapfrog Learning DVDS - these include Letter Factory, Math Circus, Talking Words Factory, Storybook Factory, etc. The girls love these. The Singing Bible - this is by Focus on the Family and has been recommended to us several times and it sounds wonderful. Adventures in Odyssey - These are also by Focus on the Family and we love to listen to these (borrowed from the library) on car trips. Signing Time DVDs - We enjoy these as a family and get them regularly from the library. We'd love our own copies, though, so we can watch them more often and use them as part of our homeschool curriculum.
Katie: A food dehydrator - for preserving. A laminator - to laminate 8.5" x 11" pages. Subscription to Zion's Fire - a Christian magazine.
Ed: Can't usually think of anything on the spot.
Katie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Katie,
ReplyDeleteI'm going to come out of the closet as an Adventures in Odyssey fan! I listened as a kid/young teen then recently re-discovered the show - hey, I was living in Focus on the Family land :)
You don't have to own them to listen - AIO podcasts old and new episodes everyday.
At http://www.whitsend.org just click "listen now" and a new tab will open up with about three weeks of past podcasts. They are well-written, entertaining and always have a good message. Right now they are going through episodes from the early 80's - classic!
:) Lisa
I've seen laminators on craigslist for under $50. Not sure what a good price is as I've never bought one.
ReplyDelete