Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Joanna is super smiley

Joanna has been super smiley lately. I wanted to be sure not to neglect her, and it's been a ton of fun. We love to spend time together.

So much so that we're trying to build her contentment to play with toys alone or with the girls. Maybe Naomi can teach her that.

But she has been a huge joy and blessing as we find different games to play to smile at each other. She doesn't laugh a ton, and her laughs are little, short squeals of delight. But she does smile a lot, and we love it!

A recent game we started playing...

Chase Eve and Naomi: I hold Joanna in my arms (facing out), sing some sort of marching or bumbling music, and then we chase the older girls. The girls laugh at it, and Joanna has a huge smile and giggles whenever she "catches" a girl and makes her shriek. I've done this in the house before, but this worked better at the parking lot at church. I'll do it outside on the grass next.

Ed

1 comment:

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!