Sunday, July 29, 2012

No Husband, Yes Kids

Today Naomi told me she didn't want to get married when she grew up, but that she did want kids.

We've explained that God wants and mommy AND a daddy for kids, so I gently reminded her that she really needed a daddy if she wanted kids one day. 

"But Mo-om, I just don't like kissing!  I don't want any kissing, just kids!" 

"Oh.  Well, you're right.  If you get married there will be kissing, but did you know you usually have kissing to get the kids?"

"Oh, No-oo!" 

"That's OK, though.  Maybe you can be God's helper for kids who don't have a mommy and daddy.  You can love kids like a mommy and take good care of them and help God, too."

"Is there kissing?" 

"Nope, no kissing.  But lots of kids, and you wouldn't have to get married."

"That's a good idea, Mom.  What's that place called again?  A orphranidge?  I'll work at an ophranidge for a little bit when I'm a grown up, Okay?"

"Sounds great."

Love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!