Monday, August 24, 2009

Eve and Naomi have secrets about fins

Okay, so Eve started doing this cute thing where she came up to me and said, "I have a secret. I want to whisper it in your ear." So I would always say okay and then she would whisper, "Sometimes I pretend I have fins." So then I talk to her about mermaid stuff and thought nothing of it (the girls often pretend to be mermaids).

And then yesterday Naomi comes up to me and asks to tell me a secret in my ear. I said okay. And then she half yelled and half whispered, "SOMETIMES I HAVE FINS!"

That made me laugh, because yelling a whisper is totally something Naomi would do. She also skipped the pretending part and just has fins. =^)


Then I told Katie the story, and then she remembered that Eve was quoting a line from Little Mermaid 2 that Ariel's daughter, Melody, tells Sebastian, and then Sebastian has a funny response (his eyes bulge and he falls over). So I can see how that bit is memorable to a 2-year-old and 3-year-old.

And it also explains all the whispering about fins that's been going on in my ears. =^)


God bless!

- Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!