Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Eve is learning to write and draw

I've been doing a fun Learning Time exercise with Eve that's great for me, because we can do it while I'm driving or using the computer or anytime really (except watching TV, because then Eve is glued to it too).

I tell her to write a word. Katie says I should concentrate on the three letter words with single vowels. So I've been doing that. So I say the word, such as "Dog." Then I ask Eve what letter "Dog" starts with. We sound it out and Eve writes the "D." and then we continue sounding out the rest of the word. Then I have Eve draw a dog. Then I'll draw one and see if she wants to draw another one. This is a fun lesson in writing words, sounding out words, and drawing pictures!

Of course, it is only possible because we taught Eve the alphabet first. So that's what we're teaching Naomi now.

- Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!