Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Joanna's 3rd Birthday!

Get ready for a huge post!  I took lots of pictures on Jo's birthday!

We always get ready for the big day the night before so the Birthday Girl wakes up to a celebration.  Here we are getting ready to wake up Joanna for her birthday breakfast. 


Can you even see her?  This girl burrows under her blankets so even with the lights on she is sound asleep.  Phoebe, however, is awake and hollering in the crib next to her so the noise eventually wakes her up.


Here's Jo, finally ready to greet the day.


The traditional walking through the birthday ribbons in Daddy's arms.



Here are the gifts waiting for Joanna at the breakfast table.  The older girls wanted to make it an Elmo celebration so they helped find all sorts of Elmo things to add to the table.  We also were excited to find Elmo Mylar balloons at the Dollar Store (not pictured).


Eve and Naomi are ready for Joanna to open her presents already!


Naomi chose this adorable bee puppet for Jo.  It was so fun to see Joanna's delight with each gift.


Wedding Little People.  I think Eve is the most excited about this one.


Aunt Naomi's birthday badge gets applied immediately.


Joanna requested Chocolate Chip Pancakes for her birthday breakfast.


Strawberry pancakes are also a big favorite so I made those as well.  Pretty, huh?


Joanna received lots of new Play-Dough from Ed and I.  All three older girls played with it for hours!  We had to put it away so we could have Joanna's chosen birthday lunch of pizza. 


 Late in the afternoon the girls and I got busy decorating birthday cakes.  Aunt Naomi gave us some great cake pans for Easter that we put to use.


I think the girls' looks just as good as mine; maybe even better.


After Joanna's selected dinner of nachos (in which Joanna had her first taste of Tabasco and didn't even blink) we had birthday cake.


I love that Joanna had to hang on to her hat in order to blow out the candles.


 This is one happy birthday girl!




Katie

1 comment:

  1. Joanna actually asked for more Tobasco sauce on her nachos after she tried it. It's a shadow of things to come. =^)

    - Ed

    ReplyDelete

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!