Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Eve's singing lessons

Eve has always been a happy, singing girl. She was nodding her head in time to "We Will Rock You" at six months and loves to have music in the car. Lately she is trying to sing all the songs she hears - probably because her mama is a big car singer, too. Lately we have one of two conversations about six times every time we're in the car.

Conversation #1
EVE: Mom, do you know this song?
MOM: Yep.
EVE: OK.

Conversation #2
Eve: Mom, do you know this song?
MOM: Not this one.
EVE: Do you want me to teach you?
MOM: Uh, Sure?
EVE: *indecipherable tuneful mumbling vaguely recognizable as song playing* then,
OK, Did you learn it?

It was cute at first, but now it's getting old. I am starting to say "Yes, I know the song" even if I only know the chorus or a few lines. Typical of Eve to want to be the teacher though - she is definitely the oldest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!