Thursday, February 4, 2010

Overheard . . .

On Tuesday, Naomi quickly asked if she could use scissors again. Since we told her she could have them after Disneyland an we'd walked in the door oh, an hour before, I told her it was OK.

A couple of hours later Eve was searching high and low for scissors. She asked me if I knew where they were. I suggested she ask Naomi - knowing as I did that Naomi had used them earlier. When Eve posed the question Naomi answered confidently,

"Da scissors are in Heaven."

Eve disagreed and asked again. Naomi says, with raised voice,

"Da Scissor are in Heaven!"
"No they're not!"
"DE'RE IN HEAVEN! DE'RE IN HEAVEN!"
"NO! STOP! MAMA!"

and Eve starts to cry in frustration, so I step in.

kp

2 comments:

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!