Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Looking for another part-time job

The saga continues. It started with last year when I got laid off, we needed to try to sell our Issaquah house, and our basement flooded. That was all pretty difficult.

But God was faithful as we plugged forward. I got a contract job on the Microsoft Hardware team two weeks after I was laid off. We weren't able to sell our Issaquah house, but we were able to rent it and got some great tenants. And I was truly amazed with God, because I would arrive at the house to work in the yard or on the roof, and it would stop raining for me. Then, as soon as I was done, the rain turned back on. I could only praise God then and there and remind myself of that since then. The amazing thing is that it happened three times on three different days.

I couldn't help but ask, "Why does God choose to perform miracles in such small, loving ways instead of huge ways like I/we want? Maybe His huge solutions are coming later?" It's tought to tell, but I'll take the small miracles as God reminds me that He's still there, leading me forward, one step at a time.

The flooding was difficult, but Katie's mom, aunt, and uncle came up and helped move furniture, pull up carpet, pump out some water, and fix some of the pipes. Our friend, Shawn, came by (God canceled his plans for him) to help me start digging in the right place. Then Katie's dad and brother came by to replace the pipe and fix the final problems. And, if that wasn't enough, our church (and Donny) had some hay they let us have, in order to cover up the dirt there (city's orders).

Then in December, God provided a great part-time job back, which is directly for Microsoft. It's a wonderful job with a wonderful team, and it got us back to the benefits of working directly for Microsoft.

We were able to spend some time in California, and then our digital camera decided to die after the trip (and not before), right before my birthday. And for my birthday, I was blessed with another digital camera. It's amazing that God is in the little things.

But it's not over yet, because I still need to find another part-time job to support our family, and we'll still want to sell the Issaquah house. So it seems that God has been faithfully leading us forward and requiring our faith as well. Instead of finding a one-stop solution to the mess that we and our economy have gotten us into, God has been feeding us smaller solutions as we plod forward.

Even Saturday, as I mowed the lawn (it needed it badly), I was running out of gas after I was finished, and as soon as I finished, the rain started. Like God again was waiting for me to finish. Maybe He'll stop doing that now that I'm blogging about it (because it certainly sounds like He's making the weather revolve around me; sorry about that if my weather plans don't match yours), but I just wanted to proclaim His majesty in one small way.

Please pray for us as I look for another part-time job.

Thank you.

Ed

2 comments:

  1. As your mom-in-law, and being privy to all these problems on a face-to-face level, I am overjoyed to see that you too can see God working in all the mess. You aren't too verbal with me so I'm all teary reading your reactions to how God is handling the problems. Nicklyn

    ReplyDelete

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!