Thursday, July 2, 2009

Job Search Continues

Ed's last day with Microsoft is tomorrow, July 3. It's a company holiday so no one will be working. That makes today feel like his last day as far as phone calls & wrapping up business with anyone else or other departments.

The plan is obviously to continue to look for work. Ed has already applied for some jobs with other companies and has gotten in touch with his contacts at the companies that contract with Microsoft. Ed thinks contracting at Microsoft is a great way to keep his foot in the door and maintain relationships that will help him get rehired eventually.

There's also an informational interview scheduled on Monday for a full-time position. I'll post again when I know the time of that.

Two friends have emailed in the last hour to ask how I'm doing with all this. Here's my answer:
I'm good. God is faithful and I trust He will meet our needs according to His purposes and for His glory. I have full confidence in Ed and his employability so we'll just wait and see what God has in store for us.

That's how I feel today, and I'm sure it's God's grace keeping anxiety at bay. By all worldly standards I should be shakin' in my boots. =^)

Please keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!