Thursday, July 9, 2009

Job Search Update

Thankfully, I've been blessed with continued leads and informationals.

I had an informational earlier this week for a full-time Site Manager position at Microsoft, and within the next few days, I'll find out if I'll be extended an interview loop for it.

I also have an informational for a full-time position at Microsoft as a Program Manager tomorrow morning at 8AM, so if that goes well, I might get an opportunity for an interview after that. I'll keep you updated.

These positions have been very competitive. For full-time positions, the hiring managers see at least 80 resumes submitted to them (probably closer to 120 for the Xbox positions). Then they pick between 10-15 for informationals/pre-screens, so I'm blessed to even get that far. That means my resume caught their attention. If the informational goes well, and depending on how well my knowledge and experience stacks in the field, they select about 5 people to put through interview loops. In the past it was more like 2-3 people, but lately it's been 5 because of the amount of candidates available.

And each interview loop is at 4-7 interviews, one hour each, over the course of one or two days.

I've been blessed with 3 loops so far, for a full-time position at Microsoft. Tomorrow will be my 6th informational. So God is blessing me with these interviews.

I'm also looking at possible contract positions at Microsoft, and there are two possibilities in the future. Both are writer positions. I'm continuing to explore those options, and I'm also looking at other companies.

So please keep our family in your prayers as I continue to hunt for a job. Also praise God that he's given us peace through this!



- Ed

1 comment:

  1. great to hear Ed. i might be able to send your resume to my accenture contacts if interested. email me your latest resume if that sounds interesting. kyle.sprecher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!