Saturday, February 11, 2012

Disneyland!

Ed and I took a day to visit Disneyland in celebration of our anniversary. This was a banner year for two reasons. #1 I lasted over 12 hours in the park. Usually I get tired out MUCH faster than this due to pregnancy and/or eating the crappy, cheap snacks we bring into the park ourselves. This time I caffeinated, we ate real food, and made sure I stayed hydrated. It helped tremendously! #2 A record 38 cast members wished us a Happy Anniversary! This included pirates who didn't actually wish us anything but commented on marriage in general and the white rabbit who isn't allowed to speak, but pointed to our badges and made a "love" hand motion.

Here we are with the Queen of Hearts and the White Rabbit. The Queen was into her role and objected to Ed's wedding ring, holding his arm tightly and waving her hand at me in "shoo" motion.















We always visit the "animation studio" and this time they taught us how to draw Jack Skellington. He's definitely not my favorite character, but I've drawn him better than any of the characters in years previous. Of course, Ed's drawings are almost always perfect.
















We were excited to check out the new Ariel Undersea Adventure at California Adventure. The animatronics are way better than any other animatronics I've seen, but in our world of digital technology animatronics are still kinda lame. That's my official review.










































We took a ride on the Goofy's Flying School roller coaster (formerly Mulholland Drive) and got a photo with Goofy afterward.












It was a fun day playing together without the kids!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!