Monday, June 1, 2009

Story: Naomi's first prayer

Katie, Eve, Naomi, Grandma Nicklyn, and I were having dinner together tonight.

Naomi held my hand and said something I couldn't understand. What was that? You want to pee? We need to play? Katie joined in, but we couldn't figure it out. Then Naomi told me that I had to close my eyes "like this." And she closed her eyes. Then it clicked. "You want to pray?" I asked. "Yeah," she said.

I expected to pray, but Naomi started without us asking. "Dear God," she said. "Nahahaha" (I didn't understand that part) "Thank you for day. Nahahahaha. Thank you Mommy Daddy." Silence. "You want to say, 'Thank you for our food?'" Momma offered. "Thank you food." "Say Amen," Momma offered again. "Amen!"

There you go. Our 2-year old's first prayer at the dinner table that she instigated herself.


In other news. Katie, Joanna, and I went to the lactation consultant today. Things seem to be going more smoothly with Joanna. We hope that continues.

I went for a walk today with Eve and Naomi. That was fun. The girls were good helpers and carried the mail back on our way back from the walk.

I'm still looking for a job. I'm mostly applying internally at Microsoft. And today's my last day of my second-to-last class for my MBA!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to finish a paper on business strategy.

- Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!