Monday, July 20, 2009

Job Search Update

Praise God for three things!

First, today I accepted an offer for a vendor contract at Microsoft (through Linda Werner Associates)!!! It's on the Hardware (PC peripherals) team that makes mice, keyboards, PC game controllers, Web cams, etc. This is a dual role of a Technical Writer and Technical Editor (where I even need to divide out the hours between the two). So this is a good step in continuing on my content publishing career path.

Second, it is a high-level position and a very good offer for a contract position (especially in today's economy; the contractor wages got cut heavily).

Third, as a vendor (v-), I will also be working from home a lot, so that means I will get to spend some more time with my family. It's a rare opportunity, so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and your support!


- Ed

6 comments:

  1. Awesome answer to prayer! Congratulations Ed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise Him for His blessing to you, Ed!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! What will you be doing with the company? Management, or designing products and using your 3-d modeling skillz?

    And yay for time with family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,

    Good question!

    I'll continue my previous career path as a writer and editor. Interestingly enough, it's a dual writer and editor role where I need to log my writer and editor hours separately. So that's actually very good.

    Thanks!

    - Ed

    ReplyDelete

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!