Sunday, December 20, 2009

Groceries this week

So the pantry challenge is off to a good start but it is already presenting challenges for me. This week it was a meat markdown at QFC. Farmland 'All Natural' pork roasts were marked down to $1.04/lb and it was torture for me to walk away with just one. Seriously! $1.04! I did manage to resist though and am happy to report there were no additions to my freezer or pantry this week.

Here's what I bought this weekend for a total of $28.63. We received an anonymous gift of kroger gift card so I did my shopping at QFC and Fred Meyer this week.


1 gallon organic milk
10 pounds flour (for Christmas baking)
1 box of hot chocolate packs (for Christmas morning)
1 quart salsa
1 pack of lunchmeat
1 pork roast
5 pounds bananas
6 yogurt cups
2 bottles of salad dressing
5 oranges
5 pears
1 bell pepper
1 bag of lettuce
1 bunch of green onions

Here's the plan for dinners this week:
1 frozen pizza for movie night/salad
potato soup/salad
Grandma's Dip/Chips (from freezer & pantry)
1 pork roast w/veggies
lasagna/salad/bread (freezer)
leftovers
Family Potluck - taking veggie tray


Lunches (like every week, with some fruit):
Quesadillas
Mac'n'Cheese with hot dogs (pantry)
Grilled Cheese
PB&J
Chicken nuggets (freezer)
leftovers

3 comments:

  1. look at all those fruits and vegetables! That's what I like to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! If only the lettuce weren't in a bag . . . 1/2 the price of a head though so in a bag this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay veggies! I have to tell you that I LOVE pork but we rarely eat it because they way it's raised. The conditions animals are raised in on industrial farms are deplorable and it's essentially animal abuse. Pigs are probably the least humanly treated animal and it makes me sick to think that I am condoning that kind of treatment of animals when I hand over my money for pork. So i'm not trying to put a damper on your roast (I'm sure it will be tasty) but I just hope that makes is a little easier to pass up the $1.04 per pound pork.

    ReplyDelete

If you're not logged in, include your name so we know who you are! Thanks!